What's Hot Now
- Ranch Melt with Chicken & Turkey Bacon
- Turkey Sausage & Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Heather's Turkey Mexican Rollup
- Thai Turkey Wrap
- Pasta Salad with Turkey Bacon
- Quick & Easy Turkey Sausage Pizza
- Black Bean and Turkey Salad
- Cashew Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Breakfast Turkey Burrito
- Roast Pepper & Turkey Stroganoff
Turkey Sausage, Pepper & Onion Hoagies
Kitchen ViewLaunch Kitchen View
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow or red bell pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 slices red or yellow onion, separated into rings
1 (19.5-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
5 hoagie buns split and toasted
¾ cup prepared pizza or spaghetti sauce
Prepare grill. Cut bell peppers lengthwise into ¼-inch strips. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper strips and onion rings; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, brush remaining oil over sausages. Cook the sausages as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer. Serve sausages in hoagies, topped with heated sauce and vegetables.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey.