What's Hot Now
- Honey Kissed Turkey Sausage Biscuit
- Heather's Turkey Mexican Rollup
- OVEN READY™ Turkey & Roasted Vegetables
- Breakfast Turkey Bacon Bites
- Moroccan-Style Turkey Burgers
- Breakfast Turkey Salad
- Turkey Sausage & Biscuit Sandwich
- Turkey Meatballs & Potatoes
- Roasted Honey and Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey Burgers
Red Beans Turkey & Rice
Kitchen ViewLaunch Kitchen View
1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 green pepper, finely chopped
½ cup sliced celery
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 ½ teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
½ teaspoon salt
1 (14 ½-ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup tomato paste
4 cups cooked white or brown rice
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
In large deep skillet, cook ground turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer. Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until slightly softened; stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cajun-style stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and tomato paste. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until hot and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.
Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey.