Deli Counter Tips
Fresh-sliced deli turkey offers better value (and more options) than pre-packaged sandwich meat tubs, so it’s worth a trip to the deli counter. If you know how to order, your deli counter visit can be quick & easy. Below are some tips to get you started.
At the deli counter, they can slice it any way you want.
Ask for your deli turkey sliced:
• Very Thin for delicious sandwich piled high with turkey
• Thin for a perfect party platter
• Medium for a sandwich made with just two slices of deli turkey
• Thick for salads or pizza
• Super Thick for dicing into casseroles or snacking
When it’s sliced thick or super thick, you can dice it and add it to:
At the deli counter, you can also order as much or little as you want.
One pound of deli turkey makes 8 regular sandwiches (perfect for light lunches all week long) or 4 hearty sandwiches (great for dinner or a picnic).
People often ask how much deli turkey to buy to create a meat tray or mini sandwiches for a party. As a general rule, to serve 25 people you should order 5 lbs. of shaved turkey for a meat tray and 6 lbs. or medium sliced turkey for a mini sandwich tray.
See more Deli How-To's