Hungarian Turkey Goulash
This take on a traditional Hungarian recipe simmers hardwood-smoked turkey sausage with marjoram, paprika and tomatoes. It’s easy to make and easy to love at under 300 calories per serving.
Makes 6 servings
PREP Under 15 minutes
TOTAL Less than 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Fully Cooked Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage
- ½ teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika or cayenne pepper
- 2 (13¾-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14½-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram or basil leaves
- 1½ cups thin egg noodles, uncooked
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausage into ½-inch slices. Add to saucepan; sprinkle with paprika or cayenne pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, stewed tomatoes, corn and marjoram; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in noodles; continue simmering 8 to 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Top with sour cream.