Turkey Sausage, Pepper & Onion Hoagies
A hoagie is just a hoagie…except when it’s made with JENNIE-O® sweet Italian turkey sausage, drizzled with marinara and topped with sautéed peppers and onions! Then it’s somethin’ else.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices red or yellow onion, separated into rings
- 1 (19.5-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- 5 hoagie buns split and toasted
- ¾ cup prepared pizza or spaghetti sauce
- Prepare grill. Cut bell peppers lengthwise into ¼-inch strips. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper strips and onion rings; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, brush remaining oil over sausages. Cook the sausages as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer. Serve sausages in hoagies, topped with heated sauce and vegetables.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey