Bacon, Mushroom & Cheese Turkey Burgers
Crumbled bacon, Cheddar, mushrooms and onions combined in one creamy turkey burger topping? ALL for under 300 calories per serving? YES please! It’s the kind of recipe that could convert any Burger lover to turkey.
- 4 slices JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon
- ½ cup fat-free Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 leaves lettuces
- Heat broiler or prepare grill.
- Cook bacon as specified on package; chop into pieces. In small bowl, combine bacon, cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise and green onion; mix well.
- In bowl, mix ground turkey, onion, garlic and pepper. Shape into patties. Cook burgers as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. During the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking, spoon bacon topping over each burger. Cook until cheese is melted.
- On bun bottom, layer lettuce leaves and burger cover with bun top.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey