Mulberry Street Turkey Burger
Here’s a quick burger recipe that lets you recreate the big flavors of Little Italy for a simple weeknight dinner. Enjoy lean turkey patties topped with marinara and freshly grated Parmesan.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 reduced-calorie hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add tomatoes with juice, oregano and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil.
- Cook patties as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- On bun bottoms, layer patties, tomato mixture and cheese. Add bun top.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey