Turkey Bacon Breakfast Cupcakes
We all know that turkey bacon + maple syrup = amazing. The same equation applies here. Crispy turkey bacon tops maple cupcakes made with your favorite pancake batter. Under 500 calories per serving!
- 6 slices JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 cups prepared pancake batter
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mist muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside. Cook turkey bacon as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Crumble and set aside.
- Mix chives into pancake batter and pour into muffin cups filling about ¾ full. Bake 12 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and cool on rack, about 10 minutes. Frost cupcakes with icing and top with crumbled bacon.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey