Bistro Turkey-Onion Soup
Makes 4 servings
PREP Under 15 minutes
TOTAL Under 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10¾-ounce) condensed low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups diced JENNIE-O® Turkey Ham
- 8 slices French bread, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook 15 minutes or until softened and golden brown. Stir in flour. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add turkey ham. Cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Ladle soup into 4 oven-safe bowls. Set on rimmed baking sheet. Place bread in each bowl. Top with cheese slice. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.