Know before you go
- Whole Turkey: 3/4 to 1 pound per person. If you would like leftovers, plan on 1-1/2 pounds per person.
- Bone-In Turkey Breast: 1/2 to 3/4 pound per person.
- Boneless Turkey Breast: 1/4 to 1/2 pound per person.
Fresh vs. Frozen Turkey
You can buy a whole turkey either fresh or frozen.
- Fresh turkeys need no thawing and are ready to cook.
- Frozen turkeys can be purchased weeks in advance, but require days of thawing time before roasting.
- Unless…you prepare a JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ turkey – No thawing. FROM FREEZER TO OVEN TO PERFECT®.
Find more whole turkey basics here.