An easy way to add flavor
Turkey Rub Recipe
- 1 JENNIE-O® whole turkey, thawed, giblets and neck removed.
- ⅓ cup fresh rosemary leaves.
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves.
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley.
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves.
- 1 cup butter peel of 1 lemon, cut into 6-8 pieces.
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced garlic cloves.
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon salt Prepare turkey.
In the work bowl of a food processor add, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage, garlic, lemon peel, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Process all ingredients until peel and garlic are finely chopped and all ingredients are well blended.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Gently pull breast skin away from the breast meat creating a pocket.
Spread the rub between turkey skin and breast meat before cooking.
Wash hands and all items that come into contact with uncooked turkey.
Follow normal roasting instructions. See How to Cook a Turkey for directions.
Find more whole turkey basics here.