- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, pureed
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped or 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix turkey, parsley, pepper, beans and egg. Roll turkey mixture into ½-inch meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs 20 minutes or until well-done, Always cook to 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer.
- While meatballs are cooking, in sauce pan on stove top heat tomato sauce, fresh tomato or tomato paste and garlic. Once meatballs are finished cooking, add to sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Top pasta with meatballs and sauce.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey