Ginger & Lemongrass Turkey Sliders
Don’t let these little Asian sliders fool you—one bite and you’ll see that you don’t need a bun to love a good burger. Packed with fresh veggies, this low-fat dinner recipe is under 300 calories per serving.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated super fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 6 drops toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- ½ cup orange juice
- 8 whole leaves iceberg lettuce
- whole cilantro leaves, if desired
- toasted sesame seeds, if desired
- Heat grill on medium-high heat. In large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cilantro, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well. Form turkey mixture into tight balls approximately 2½ ounces each; there should be 8 balls. Flatten them into patties about ½-inch thick. Brush grill lightly with oil. Place turkey patties on grates. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In medium bowl combine cabbage and carrot. Add orange juice, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well.
- Place turkey patty into each lettuce leaf and mound cabbage and carrot mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey