- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated onion
- ½ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- RED PEPPER SAUCE
- 1½ cups roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease wire rack and place on baking tray.
- To make the meatballs, in mixing bowl combine turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, cheese, basil pesto, garlic and salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes. Shape into 1¼-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on prepared rack. Bake 35 minutes or until brown and cooked thoroughly. Always cook until well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- To make red pepper sauce, put red peppers, balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes, sugar and garlic in a blender or processor. Blend or process until smooth. Pour into saucepan. Heat until warm. Dip meatballs in red pepper sauce.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey