- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 to 12-pound) JENNIE-O® Premium Fresh Young Turkey
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat electric roaster to 325°F.
- Place onions, carrots and bay leaves in bottom of turkey roaster. Brush turkey with melted butter and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence. Place turkey on rack, in roaster. Add broth, cover and cook turkey as specified on the package.
- Roast until timer pops up and turkey is fully cooked, 180°F as measured by a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. ALWAYS confirm doneness with a meat thermometer. Juices should run clear. Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.
- To save time, the turkey can be seasoned the night before and vegetables can be chopped in advance. The dish could also be assembled in full the night before and stored in the refrigerator.