- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 to 12-pound) JENNIE-O® Premium Fresh Young Turkey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine brown sugar, Cajun seasoning, oregano, thyme and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rub turkey with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Place turkey in v-rack, upside down, over roasting pan. Cooking your turkey upside down makes for a juicy, tender turkey.
- Cook turkey as specified on the package. Roast until timer pops up and turkey is fully cooked, 180°F as measured by a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh. ALWAYS confirm doneness with a meat thermometer. Juices should run clear. Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Let turkey stand 20 minutes before carving.