Festive Turkey Taco Cups
This kid-friendly snack recipe is a fun and simple way to break free from ordinary tacos. Lean ground turkey, fresh tomato and melted cheese top these crave-worthy taco cups while staying under 300 calories per serving.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 10-ounce JENNIE-O® Lean Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 1¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 1 (11½ -ounce) can refrigerated breadsticks
- tomato and green onion, if desired
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes or until softened. Add turkey to skillet. Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese; set aside.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Mist 36 miniature (1¾-inch) muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Remove dough from container but do not unroll dough. Separate dough into 8 pieces at perforations. Divide each piece into 3 pieces; roll or pat each piece into 3-inch circle. Press circles into prepared muffin pan cups.
- Fill each cup with about 2 teaspoons turkey mixture. Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ¾ cup cheese; bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with tomato and green onion, if desired.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey