Spicy Turkey Kabobs with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
This is a Gluten Free Recipe.
This recipe is under 300 calories per serving, and these no-gluten turkey kabobs are baked with garlic, mint and coriander. It’s a mouth-watering Middle Eastern dinner on a stick!
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, if desired
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh cilantro, mint or parsley, for garnish
- For kabobs: Heat oven to 400°F. In large mixing bowl combine turkey, onion, 1 tablespoon garlic, mint, 2 teaspoons cumin, coriander, mustard, salt and black pepper. There will be about 2½ cups of mixture. Form mixture into balls, directly onto the skewers. Meatballs should be approximately 1½-inches across with the skewer running through the middle. Leave about ½-inch between each meatball. Place skewers on nonstick baking sheet. Skewers should be evenly spaced and not touching. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until meatballs are well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Turn meatballs once halfway through cooking.
- Prepare sauce while the kabobs are baking. In bowl of food processor or blender combine yogurt, mustard, cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, lemon juice and ½ teaspoon ground cumin. Blend until smooth. Sauce should be the consistency of thick cream.
- To serve: Place 1 (12-inch) skewer on each plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon sauce and garnish with cilantro, mint or parsley.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey