Cheesy Eggplant Turkey Lasagna
This is a Gluten Free Recipe.
Finally, a delicious and simple home-cooked, gluten free lasagna recipe that doesn’t skimp on the flavor. Savory broiled eggplant stands in for noodles to make this a low-fat, no-regrets Italian dinner.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into ¼-inch thick lengthwise slices
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups low-fat marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- Heat broiler. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Lightly spray eggplant slices with cooking oil. Place on nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle both sides with garlic salt. Broil 6 inches from heat source 3 to 5 minutes per side or until tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove turkey. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray; add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until there is no liquid remaining in the pan and mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place half of the eggplant in a single layer in bottom of baking dish. Top with half the mushroom mixture, half the cooked turkey, half the seasoning, half the marinara sauce and half the cheese. Repeat layering with the remaining eggplant, mushrooms, turkey, seasoning, sauce and cheese. Cover. Bake 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is bubbly.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey