Best Turkey Chili
It’s usually impossible to say which of our many recipes is “best,” but not in this case. This is it. The ultimate turkey chili. Meaty, spicy and smoky — everything great chili should be. And it’s under 300 calories per serving!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 1 teaspoon sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, chili powder and garlic. Cook the turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add corn, beans, broth, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 mintues or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey