Mexican Turkey Frittatas
Grab a muffin pan — this no-gluten Mexican frittata recipe is the right way to brunch. Featuring chipotle peppers, fresh cilantro and diced mushrooms baked with eggs and cheese, it clocks in at under 300 calories per serving!
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast or Lean Mild Turkey Breakfast Sausage Roll
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sliced small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 cups egg substitute or 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Mexican blend cheese
- ⅓ cup green onions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Sprinkle with cumin; stir to mix.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, green pepper, mushrooms and chipotle peppers. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are cooked.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cilantro until well mixed. Stir in turkey, cheese, mushroom mixture and green onions. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling approximately ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes or until set.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey