- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 (1.25-ounce) taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- PICO DE GALLO
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 12 soft taco-size tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar jack cheese
- In blender or food processor, combine sour cream and chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Blend until combined. Set aside.
- In large skillet, cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook until water is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- To make the pico de gallo, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
- Spread each taco shell with sour cream mixture. Fill tacos with lettuce, turkey, pico de gallo and cheese.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey