Turkey Sausage Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust
Makes 4 servings
PREP Under 15 minutes
TOTAL Less than 1 hour
- cooking spray
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- COOKED TOPPINGS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 JENNIE-O® Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages
- 3 crimini or white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded kale
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- FRESH TOPPINGS
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium heirloom tomato or beefsteak tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Line pizza pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Add cauliflower florets and 2 garlic cloves to food processor and pulse until the cauliflower turns into rice-sized pieces.
- Spread cauliflower and garlic across baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until cooked through; set aside to cool.
- Make the cauliflower crust dough:
- In bowl, combine cooked cauliflower, ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, egg, and oregano; mix well until a dough-like texture forms.
- Form and bake crust:
- Spread mixture onto the parchment paper-coated 10-inch pizza pan and create a circular crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Allow crust to cool 10 minutes before removing the parchment paper and placing the toppings on it.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the toppings.
- Prepare your toppings:
- Remove turkey sausages from their casings. In medium size pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. To heated oil, add turkey sausage. As it cooks, break apart with wooden spoon. Cook the turkey until done, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Always cook turkey until well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- To turkey, add mushrooms, kale, salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and the kale is wilted down.
- Assemble your pizza:
- Layer sausage mixture, tomatoes, ¼ cup cheese and basil over the slightly cooled pizza crust.
- Bake your pizza:
- Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until pizza is hot and bubbly.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey