Turkey Enchilada Lasagna
Spice up your normal lasagna with this quick, turkey enchilada inspired recipe. It will quickly become a family favorite with prep time under 10 minutes!
- 1 (1-pound) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (15-ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 corn tortillas
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- garnish: chopped fresh cilantro leaves, sliced fresh jalapeños, sliced ripened olives, sour cream
Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer; crumble.
Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add beans, tomatoes, 1 can enchilada sauce and salt.
Heat oven to broil and place rack 5 inches under broiler. Place tortillas on baking rack and broil 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly charred on each side.
- Place 3 corn tortillas in bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon half turkey mixture over tortillas. Repeat layers ending with tortillas. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas. Cover and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Garnish, if desired.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey