Bourbon Peach Pie
Step up your pie game! This recipe ups the peach pie ante by adding notes of rosemary, fresh peaches and your favorite bourbon for an extra kick of flavor. Perfect with some vanilla ice cream or some homemade whipped cream.
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons, chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 large fresh, firm, ripe peaches (about 4 lb.), peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- In saucepan, whisk together brown sugar, corn starch, sugar, rosemary leaves, nutmeg and salt until blended. Add peaches, tossing to coat. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and cool 30 minutes; stir in bourbon.
Meanwhile, unroll pie crusts onto lightly floured surface; roll each dough sheet to 12-inch circle. Fit 1 piecrust into 9-inch pie plate. Spoon peach mixture into pie plate. Place remaining piecrust over filling; fold edges under to seal to bottom crust, and crimp. Cut slits in top of pie with knife.
In small bowl, whisk egg. Brush pie with egg and sprinkle with sugar.Bake 1 hour. Cool completely on wire rack.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION