Classic Turkey Pot Pie
Let’s talk turkey…pot pie. When you need a delicious, filling dinner that’ll satisfy anyone, accept no substitute. Made with mixed veggies and lean turkey breast, this popular recipe is ready in under 60 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
PREP Under 30 minutes
TOTAL 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or ground white pepper
- 1½ -2 pound package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, cubed
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or chives
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated double pie crust
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F. In skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place flour and pepper in food storage bag. Add cubed turkey breast; shake to coat. Add turkey to skillet; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and whipping cream; mix well. Add mixed vegetables; simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Place pie crust in 9-inch pie plate. Add turkey mixture, cover with pie crust, folding crust edge under to seal. Cut 4 slits in pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush egg lightly over pastry. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.