- 4 medium red, yellow, or green peppers
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- ½ chopped cup onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- ½ cup whole kernel corn
- ½ cup canned black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- hot pepper sauce, if desired
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. In large saucepan, add enough water to cover peppers. Cover. Boil 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place peppers, cut-side up, in 9x13-inch pan. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, brown rice, corn, black beans, chili powder, and garlic salt. Season with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Generously stuff each pepper half with turkey mixture. Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey