- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder, divided
- 8 ounces fresh button or shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (32-ounce) package reduced-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat udon noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- In skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook as specified on the package. Always cook to well- done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Add to turkey 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder; stir. Remove turkey from pan and set aside.
- In same skillet, add remaining oil. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and remaining Chinese five spice powder. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until garlic is softened and spices are fragrant. Add chicken broth, turkey and sweet chili sauce. Cook over medium heat until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles or spaghetti according to package directions. To serve, place ¾ cup of noodles into 6 bowls. Ladle 1 cup of soup into each bowl and sprinkle with green onion slices.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey