Creamy Turkey Pasta
Try this recipe with any OVEN READY™ product.
Turn holiday leftovers into a creamy Italian pasta. This recipe features chopped leftover turkey simmered in a savory cream sauce with garlic, diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 (1-pound) box penne pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped leftover JENNIE-O® OVEN READY™ Turkey
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- finely grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook pasta as specified on the package.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in red pepper. Add broth. Simmer 3 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook 5 minutes until tomatoes are soft and mixture is thickened. Add cream and turkey. Simmer mixture 2 to 3 minutes until thickened and turkey is hot. Stir in basil and pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle individual servings with cheese, if desired.