- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup arugula
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) packages JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, combine onion, carrot, red bell pepper, arugula and garlic. Pulse to chopped.
- In large bowl, combine ground turkey and onion mixture. Using hands, work ingredients in gently. In medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, chili powder, pepper and salt. Mix well. In small bowl, combine almond milk and egg, whisk to combine. Sprinkle dry mixture over meat and gently mix in, add the wet mixture and continue to gently mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spray large foil or parchment lined baking sheet with olive oil spray and shape meat into a 6-inch by 11-inch x 1 ½-inch rectangle in the middle of the pan.
- For glaze, in a small bowl mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, cumin and honey and brush over meatloaf top and sides.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes and until 165°F. as measured by
- a meat thermometer in the center. Always cook to well-done. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey