New York Turkey Meatball
New York’s most famous Italian meatball—smothered with red sauce and sitting on a bed of pasta—tastes great made with ground turkey. Make this recipe tonight to see for yourself.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 1 (24-ounce) jar tomato-basil pasta sauce, heated
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon rind, egg and bread crumbs. Shape into 1½ -inch balls. Place on a lightly greased jelly-roll pan and bake 25 minutes. Always cook turkey to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let meatballs stand 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss meatballs and heated pasta sauce. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey