Grilled Avocado & Applewood Turkey Kale Salad
It’s time to taste for yourself why everyone is talking about kale. Start with this delicious recipe, featuring greens topped with grilled avocados, applewood smoke turkey tenderloin, tomatoes and onions.
- 1½ cups JENNIE-O® Applewood Smoke Flavor Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- 3 avocados, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 12 cups chopped fresh kale
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup toasted walnuts halves
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Cook turkey tenderloin as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Cut into pieces and set aside.
Drizzle avocado halves with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Grill avocado 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lime juice; set aside.
- In large bowl, toss together kale, turkey, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes, onions and walnuts. Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour desired amount over salad.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey