Grilled Turkey Meatloaf
You haven’t had meatloaf until you’ve had it with lean ground turkey. And did you know you could grill it?! Made with chopped onion, sage and brown sugar, comfort food doesn’t get better than this.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅓ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup chili sauce, divided
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons horseradish mustard or Dijon mustard
- In large bowl, combine turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup chili sauce, egg and sage; mix well. On large plate, shape mixture into an 8 x 4-inch oval loaf about 1½-inches thick. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Prepare grill. Using large spatulas, place loaf on oiled rack of grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, 12 minutes. Combine remaining ⅓ cup chili sauce, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. Carefully turn loaf over; brush top with chili sauce mixture. Continue to grill, covered, 14 to 16 minutes longer or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Using clean spatulas, transfer loaf to plate. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey