Lemon Garlic Turkey Kabobs
Fire up the grill and put this simple kabob recipe to the test. Grilled pineapple, fresh cherry tomatoes and delicious chunks of turkey breast tenderloins make up this no-gluten, low fat meal.
- ½ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- cherry tomatoes, if desired
- pineapple chunks, if desired
- Combine dressing, lemon juice, garlic and lemon peel. Set aside small amount of marinade to brush on kabobs while grilling. Place tenderloin, bell pepper, onion, cherry tomatoes and pineapple in large reclosable food storage bag. Add marinade to bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill. Drain turkey, vegetables, and fruit; discard marinade. Thread turkey, vegetables and fruit on skewers. Brush reserved marinade over kabobs.
- Grill 6 minutes; turn and brush with remaining marinade and continue grilling 7 to 8 minutes or until the turkey is well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey