This is a Gluten Free Recipe.
A classic in every sense of the word, this no-gluten chili recipe really hits the spot. Lean ground turkey, bell peppers and spicy jalapeños round out a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced, if desired
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- 2 (14½-ounce) cans low-sodium whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14½-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- In large stockpot, combine ground turkey, onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeño peppers, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, marjoram and red pepper flakes. Cook turkey mixture as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and cilantro. Cook 10 minutes longer. Top with cheese.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey