Zesty Barbeque Turkey Sandwiches
Lean turkey simmered in a delicious homemade barbeque sauce make these messy-but-delicious turkey sandwiches a flavorful addition to your weeknight dinner line up.
- 1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins, cut into ½ x 2 ½-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 toasted Kaiser rolls or whole grain buns, split
- Cook turkey strips as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place cooked turkey into sauce and simmer until heated through. Serve on Kaiser rolls.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey