Spinach & Red Pepper Turkey Pizza
Adventurous yet tasty, this rustic pizza topped with spinach and roasted pine nuts is a must-try recipe. At under 500 calories per serving, it’s a lean and delicious weeknight dinner that takes less than an hour to make.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach, trimmed, rinsed and well drained
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package pizza crust mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer; set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, add oil, onion, red pepper, garlic and soy sauce. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted; remove from heat.
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions; pat dough evenly in pizza pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spread turkey and onion mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is browned.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey