Best Ever Turkey Meatloaf
Meatloaf recipes come and go, but there’s only one ‘best ever’. Minced garlic, chopped onion and lean ground turkey lead to ‘loaf nirvana’ at just 250 calories per serving. Weeknight dinners might never be the same.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt, if desired
- barbeque sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt, if desired to turkey mixture; mix well. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Top with barbeque sauce, if desired.
- Bake 1 hour or until the internal temperature of meatloaf is well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey