Italian Turkey Meatloaf
Looking for a lean Italian meatloaf recipe without all the carbs? Bake up flavors of the old country with basil tomato sauce, garlic and sweet Italian turkey sausage. A great weeknight dinner.
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 (19.5-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage, casings removed
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 cup prepared tomato and basil pasta sauce, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine ground turkey, sausage, breadcrumbs, egg, ½ cup pasta sauce, garlic, pepper and salt, if desired; mix well.
- Put turkey mixture into loaf pan. Spread remaining ½ cup pasta sauce over meatloaf. Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes or until loaf is well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey