Chinatown Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed with lean ground turkey, fresh ginger and sautéed onions make an impressive appetizer for your next get-together. This carb-conscious recipe is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms, cleaned and stems trimmed
- ½ (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Ground Turkey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Heat broiler. Line broiler pan with aluminum foil. Place rack in broiler pan.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to make 1 cup. In medium skillet, cook turkey, chopped mushroom stems and garlic over medium-high heat, cook the turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Stir breadcrumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ginger root, egg white and red pepper flakes into skillet; mix well.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly on all sides with remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce; spoon about 2 teaspoons stuffing into each mushroom cap. Place stuffed mushrooms on rack in broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 5 to 6 minutes or until hot.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey