- 4 bell peppers, mix of yellow, green and red
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes or seasoned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (5.45-ounce) package sun-dried tomato flavored couscous, prepared according to package directions
- 6 ounces crumbled feta or goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- paprika, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cut bell peppers lengthwise through stems keeping stem halves intact. Cut peppers in half again forming quarters. Discard seeds and veins. Cook in boiling water 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and place cut side up in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; add ground turkey. Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Add basil leaves and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced tomatoes and prepared sun-dried tomato flavored couscous; cook 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in crumbled feta cheese and toasted pine nuts. Mound mixture into pepper quarters.
- Sprinkle fresh breadcrumbs over filled peppers. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake 30 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown, filling is hot and peppers are tender.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey