Brooklyn-Style Turkey Burger
Is there a better burger topping than sautéed onions? Leave the ketchup in the fridge and grill up these sodium-smart, Brooklyn-style turkey burgers seasoned with oregano, cumin and chili powder tonight.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Turkey Burger Patties
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 4 reduced calorie hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 4 slices low-fat Cheddar cheese
- Combine oregano, cumin and chili powder in small dish. Sprinkle mixture onto both sides of patties.
- Cook patties as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until onions are softened and browned.
- Top bottom half of buns with patties, cheese slice, onions and top half of buns.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey