- ½ (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 4 pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 small yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup loosely packed small basil leaves
- Cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Heat grill to medium-low. Brush both sides of each pita bread with oil. Sprinkle with garlic. Top with mozzarella cheese, turkey, yellow pepper, tomatoes, ground pepper, red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese.
- Place pitas on preheated, greased grill. Cook, with lid closed, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey