Fajita Turkey Burger
Here’s a fajita recipe with all of the sizzle and none of the guilt. Spicy, cumin-infused patties topped with sautéed bell peppers and guacamole. YUM!
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- ¼ cup salsa, drained
- ¾ cup cilantro, divided
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- WHOLLY GUACAMOLE® classic or spicy dip, if desired
- salsa, if desired
- 5 reduced-calorie hamburger buns, split
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mix ground turkey, half of spice mixture, drained salsa, and ½ cup cilantro; form into 5 (½-inch thick) patties. Lightly spray patties with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 17 to 19 minutes, turning occasionally. Always cook to well done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, coat large skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions, bell peppers and remaining spice mixture over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ¼ cup cilantro.
- To assemble burgers, spread guacamole and salsa, if desired, on buns. Place burgers, cheese and vegetable mixture on buns.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey