- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (14½-ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large deep skillet, cook ground turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Add onion, green pepper, celery and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until slightly softened; stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with thyme, hot pepper sauce and salt; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cajun-style stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and tomato paste. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until hot and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over cooked rice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey