Luau Turkey Tacos
Makes 4 servings
PREP Under 15 minutes
TOTAL Under 30 minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1½ tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, if desired
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 8 butter lettuce cups and/or 1 large head radicchio - 8 whole large leaves reserved for cups
- 2 cups finely cut spinach for “nest” in cups
- In large non-stick skillet, cook ground turkey as specified on package. Always cook to well-done, 165ºF as measured by a meat thermometer. Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger and chili flakes, if desired. Cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Do not brown the garlic or the dish will taste bitter. Add vinegar and cook 2 minutes, or until most of the vinegar has evaporated. Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes until it reduces to about 2 tablespoons liquid in pan. Add broth and cook 2 minutes or until liquid reduces to about ¼ cup.
- Remove from heat. Stir in green onions and cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
- Place two radicchio/lettuce cups on each plate and fill each half full with spinach and then top with ⅓ cup of the turkey mixture. Serve hot.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey