Stuffed Bell Peppers
This flavorful stuffed pepper recipe features lean ground turkey, sautéed onion and topped with melted Cheddar. It’s also low-fat, sodium smart and under 300 calories per serving!
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat nonstick skillet with spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until softened. Add ground turkey and cumin. Break meat apart and cook over medium heat 14 to 16 minutes, or until well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Add tomato sauce and ¼ cup broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Add cilantro. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and stem. Place in baking dish. Spoon ⅓ cup turkey mixture into each pepper half. Pour remaining ¼ cup chicken broth in baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey