Cheddar Mashed Potatoes & Turkey Bacon
This is a Gluten Free Recipe.
This is the no-gluten, kid-friendly side dish that dreams are made of. Fluffy mashed potatoes and melted cheddar tied together with the delicious crispiness of turkey bacon. Under 300 calories per serving!
- 6 slices JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon, divided
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cook bacon as specified on the package. Chop; set aside. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, cook potatoes in salted water 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to same pan.
- Add butter and sour cream. Mash potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in cheese, onions and half the bacon. Sprinkle top with remaining bacon.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey