Turkey Sausage Mini Quiche
Everyone knows the best part of quiche is the edges. This niche quiche recipe makes sure that there are plenty in every bite! Packed with veggies and turkey, it’s under 300 calories per serving!
- 1 (12-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups sliced small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cups egg substitute or 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray. Cook sausage as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F. as measured by a meat thermometer. Chop into pieces.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, green pepper, mushrooms and chipotle peppers. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are cooked.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and cilantro until well mixed. Stir in cooked sausage, cheese, mushroom mixture and green onions. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling approximately ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes or until set.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey