Veggie Frittata with Turkey Bacon
Packed with veggies, turkey bacon and Swiss cheese, this brunch recipe is just what the weekend ordered. Pre-heat the oven — it’s ready in under 30 minutes!
- 1 (12-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lower Sodium Turkey Bacon made with Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped asparagus
- 2 cups egg substitute or 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Cook turkey bacon as specified on the package. Cut into ½-inch pieces and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, red and green pepper, mushrooms and asparagus. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cooked.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and parsley until well mixed. Stir in bacon, cheese, mushroom mixture and green onions. Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling approximately ¾ full. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey